Get Carried Away in a HelicopterKaua‘i
Although available on all of the major Hawaiian Islands, helicopter tours are most popular on Kaua‘i, where the ageless beauty of the island’s rugged interior comes into full perspective. Expect to see waterfalls cascading down 3,000- foot cliffs and unique geographic and mythical sites described to you through noise-canceling headphones connected to your pilot’s microphone. In fact, the majority of the island can only be seen by air, so why not take flight?
One view that is a must-see is MOUNT WAI‘ALE‘ALE, a 5,148-foot extinct volcano. The mountain’s crater-like valley is an awesome sight, and one that cannot be fully experienced any other way than by helicopter.
Other popular spots include HANAPEPE VALLEY, OLOKELE CANYON, WAIMEA CANYON, HANALEI VALLEY and many otherwise-hidden valleys along the NAPALI COAST.
Tours are conducted daily and are subject to weather conditions. Flight times range from 30 to 90 minutes. Most tours depart from the Lihu‘e Airport.
• Blue Hawaiian Helicopters (808) 245-5800 or (800) 745-2583
• Discount Helicopters (808) 245-2943
• Island Helicopters (808) 245-8588 or (800) 829-5999
• Jack Harter Helicopters (808) 245-3774 or (888) 245-2001
• Safari Helicopters (808) 246-0136 or (800) 326-3356