Pamper Yourself in Hawaiian StyleO‘ahu
Hawai‘i is a healing place, and not just because of the soothing sounds of waves crashing on the shore or the warmth of the sun. Hawaiian culture traditionally focuses on the importance of healing both body and spirit, a focus on mind-and-mana aloha.
Treatments that stem from Hawaiian tradition relax the body while soothing the mind and spirit, since the belief is that one being off-balance affects the other. Lomi lomi is a type of massage that focuses on easing stress and bringing harmony to the recipient as a whole. La‘au lapa‘au is herbal healing. Hawaiian salt rituals emulate the healing effect believed to come from ocean water while cleansing pores and rejuvenating skin.
You will find that many spas throughout the Islands are
SAVE up to 55% on regular admission rates! Get the Go Oahu Card today!
Some Spa Tips:
1. Arrive between 15 to 30 minutes early.
2. Turn off your mobile phone.
3. Let your therapist know of any health concerns
4. Tips are usually 15 to 20 percent. If you are using a gift certificate, ask if the tip is included.
5. If something is not quite right (the pressure of the massage, for example), let your therapist know.